“And of some have compassion, making a difference.” Luke 1:22
What a wonderful month as we have followed David’s musings [reflections] in Psalm 37. I do not know about you, but I have been encouraged, I have been rebuked, I have had my toes stepped on, I have fallen on my face in repentance, and I have come forth stronger!
Did you just see what happened? David made a difference (in my life)! Did he make a difference in yours also? How did he make a difference? By having enough compassion [care] to share! What I think is so incredible about David’s musings in chapter after chapter in the Bible is that although he starts out all stressed out … hello, drama!! … he always ends by getting his focus right and rejoices in God’s power and God’s deliverance that is freely made available to not only him but you and I as well, my friend! God never leaves us stranded. He never leaves us helpless. Hallelujah!
Last Sunday morning I spoke to the ladies Sunday School class in Indiana and I shared this verse with them, as well as, five areas that we can make a difference in someone else’s life. I would like to share those few thoughts here in an abbreviated manner.
1. We can make a difference through PRAYER (James 5:16) … How many of us like for others to pray for us? I am sure that all of us will have our hands raised right now. There IS power in PRAYER so find someone to pray for today!
2. We can make a difference through TIME (Matthew 6:33) … Each of us has 24 hours in a day. The key is how we prioritize those hours. My first desire is to grow closer to the Lord. My second is to balance my time for family, friends, ministry, and others.
3. We can make a difference through CARING (Psalm 142:4) … Compassion is having your hurt in my heart. Take time to care for others!
4. We can make a difference through our VISION (Proverbs 29:18) … We easily get caught up in our own world that we fail to have eyes to see the needs of others … not just to the unsaved, but often for the person that sits at the end of our pew! Help us, God, to see others as you see them!
5. We can make a difference by REACHING out to others (Acts 1:8) … Often we fail to realize that we a living witness to those we come in contact with every day. Do not pass these opportunities up! Seek God’s face … have Him show you someone that needs your touch today!
Please pray for me as I study and seek God’s face for each devotional next month in the month of July! I am a nobody. David was a nobody. But, God used him to make a difference and I want Him to use me to make a difference in someone else’s life as well. It is becoming clearer in my mind what direction I believe that God is leading me, so stay tuned! I am not sure how it all is going to flow, but I will leave you with one little hint … until tomorrow … “Freedom is not Free.”